Monday, March 9, 2009

World of Curling

So I've thought long and hard about what to write tonight, and this is what I came up with. I've compiled a few images that will hopefully stay with us as we play our games tomorrow.

The world of curling is an interesting place. It's such a niche sport, but the ones who do it, definitely love it. Plus, when you add a little bit of creativity into the mix, who knows what you will come up with. Here are a few curling related material that I've found...

For Star Trek Lovers Out There

It's really nice to know that curling is also found in outer space. Imagine the possibilities in 0 gravity. No push off necessary. Here's a shout out to Team Starship Enterprise at the Hollywood Curling Club.

Other Uses For Curling Rocks


So Marissa told the team this story about how "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson received a curling rock in the mail one day, and he didn't know what to do with it. Here's an idea! What would you do with a curling rock?

Anyone Speak Japanese?

I'm sure there's benefit from learning curling on a DS in a different language. I definitely enjoy listening to the different countries as they yell directions across the ice. Hai! Oui! Some I just can't pronounce...

Curling Iron


"External Use Only," huh? I think I will take that advice with me on the ice tomorrow.


These are just a few that I found surfing the web. I invite anyone else to post additional interesting curling related images. I know that there's a lot out there. It will make our day.

1 comment:

  1. This photo is complements of our new Wisconsin friend, Joel Danger Dietz, a fellow curler.

    http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v124/9/122/8650571/n8650571_39332305_9387.jpg

    ReplyDelete