Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In Search of Hollywood in Utica, NY

Domino here again...just doing another one of my special blogs in between all the curling action.

So this is my 3rd time on the east coast, 2nd time in upstate, NY. The last time I was in upstate it was also wintertime. When I left California, it was cold, and that for me is 60 degrees because of my Hawaiian roots. So far we've been averaging 40s with a really cold windchill and lots of rain. Amazingly, we missed the snow storms, and we can see remnants of that with the piles of brown snow slowly melting away. Luckily, we have not encountered icy roads or else we'd have another way to practice our slide. I am extremely thankful that I am not in charge of driving this time around. Cindy's been doing a really great job. It's hard seeing all the traffic lights (I'll post pictures so you can see what I mean), plus there's no lines on the street, and avoiding all the pot holes is impossible. It's already hard enough for me to see over the dashboard or reach the pedals.

So it's been about 5 days since we saw some California sunshine, and maybe there's a little homesickness settling in. No matter, we will find our Hollywood in Utica! There was a rumor in the club about a Hollywood street that can be found close to the Utica Curling Club. We don't know what this is all about or how it got there, but us, Bond Girls, are on a mission to 1) find this Hollywood 2) Take a picture of it 3) post it on the blog site. We have 4 days left to get this done. We will seek it out. We will find it. We will SUCCEED. And yes, this is one of my cheesier blogs. It's the result of the early morning draws. Time to rest up for our 4 pm game. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment