Saturday, September 4, 2010

We're back!

The Bond Girls curl again at "The Crush" Bonspiel (tournament) in Vacaville, California. It is so nice and so amazing to be back in the action with my girls again. I've missed them so very much, and at first, I was really nervous to start curling after such a long break. I haven't curled since our Hollywood Bonspiel during the Memorial Day Weekend. I didn't want to let my teammates down. I also thought that it might be challenging to get my head in the game because there's been so many difficult hardships that have occurred in my life just recently. I have to say that it was a very smooth transition to get back into the swing of things. It is definitely easier to focus on trying to do our best curling than it is mope around the house. So I fully embrace the path that is before me, and I thank God for the blessings in my life to get through each day. I have found something more than just a reason to exercise in a cold place during a hot summer. It's more than just an opportunity to win medals. It's more than just cool brooms, perfecting sweeping techniques, having good form, practicing good communication, and praying for "no picks." It's a place where there are friends that support and care about each other both in and outside of curling. It's a reason to drink and be merry. It's an outlet where I can feel myself again. I think this is a very important process in my healing as well as some practice time to get better and interact with the people I love. So bring it on!

Today was a good start: 10-6 against Team Millar.

Tomorrow we will play Team Seeger (From San Francisco) at 10:30 am

We'll keep you updated.

Back in Pink & Black!

-Domino

No comments:

Post a Comment