Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Crush

"Crush" is how my head felt after drinking way too much Fireball and beer after our last game. Also, I guess the margarita at the end didn't help and was the kicker to this noxious mixture. I found myself unable to walk straight or keep my eyes open for a good part of the afternoon. Luckily, I felt well enough to witness the last few shots that determined the winners of the Vacaville "Crush" Wine Country Bonspiel. It was followed by lots of cheering, a vuvuzela (a noise maker from the World Cup brought all the way from South Africa. Thanks, Ryan!), and finally a moment where I could rest from a very exciting day. It was about 3 pm. Apparently, I had partied too hard and too fast to keep up with myself. What a great Bonspiel!

Personally, this was my 2nd showing at this particular bonspiel, and I've always had a really good time. There's great company, good curling, fantastic raffle items/baskets, and memorable memories. This weekend is no exception. I don't think I am going to forget this weekend for a while especially after the body aches (from all the curling. I've been a little out of practice.), my intestines and stomach getting turned inside out, and the long sobering shower that washed away the remnants of my "fun." Not all bonspiels end up like this, but once in a while there's one that sticks out. I guess it was the combination of lots of free time and lots of opportunities to celebrate and maybe even lick some wounds. After a very deep "cleanse" and some rest, I actually felt pretty refreshed, I could even manage some solid food. In hindsight, I overall had a really good time, but I probably won't do it again for at least a little while. And maybe next time, our team would be even better to make it into the finals and really have an excuse to celebrate. We've learned so much and interacted so many wonderful people. It can only get better. Here's to the future! It looks very bright and promising even after a very long and brutal weekend.

- Domino

No comments:

Post a Comment