Saturday, February 20, 2010

Interview with Jennifer Gamboa

We have a little bit of free time to kill; so I am conducting an interview with Jennifer Gamboa. She's my guinea pig since Marissa's out and about and Cindy's on the phone.

My first question...so what's up with the pink hair?
"I think it's more like a fun way to commemorate a moment...because that's the only thing I can change consistently about myself, and I am known for changing my hair. So I have fun with it, and pink is fun."

Did you in a million years every thought that you would be a curler?
"No. I didn't even know what curling was until 2 years ago. And now it's part...it's a prominent part of my life which is amazing. It's surprising what can happen in a short amount of time."

How does it feel curling with a whole bunch of other crazy women?
"Fantastic! It's always a great experience and um good times!"

What is your favorite curling experience?
Curling was a life experience in itself... a bonding experience, and finding a little more of me, which is nice when you get older.

How do you feel about the "Bond Girl T-shirt" experience where people take photos of your shirts and posts them on your facebook?
"It's kind of surreal because it's like laughs, it's like grasping...don't know what to say, it's kind of grasping what we are, having fun and showing support. "

What does your husband, Matt, feel about all of this, the club nationals, your involvement in curling, etc?
"He's very supportive because he...His commitment is more so than mine. He's been a big part of me striving to be better. And he is more committed and passionate than I am and that pushes me to be a better curler because he is proud of me and of my accomplishment. I know that he'll make it to nationals in no time, and I'll be able to mimic his support as well."

Since you belong to the Hollywood Curling Club, I felt this question would be appropriate: What hollywood movie would you like your life to be?

"The Princess and the Frog"...because you have your life as you want it to be, but then things happen to you. When you see change and you accept that change and in the end it's the same outcome, but now you're sharing it, and you are happy. You learn that not you don't always be get what you want the way you want it. I also want an alligator that plays a trumpet, and it had a cool villain.

---
Thanks, Jen. Looks like we've killed enough time. Off to the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment