Friday, January 15, 2010

I Married a Team Zissou Curler

I never thought I would be saying "I married a Team Zissou Curler." I'm sure most people would ask, "What does this even mean?" I can only say that's exactly what happened...I married a curler, Paul Mendoza, and his team name is Team Zissou. Plus, I am not the only one who shares this honor. Jen Gamboa, my teammate, is married to a Team Zissou Curler as well.

This year both our husbands will be keeping us company and showing their support by competing along side us in the Men's Playdowns for Club Nationals.

I remember the first time, we went up to Playdowns and Nationals, and we were the "new kids on the block." We didn't have a practice routine before. We weren't familiar with all the rules. Heck, we aren't used to playing 10 end games (the norm is about 7). It's kind of nice returning with more Hollywood Curling representation and our significant others. Plus, the boys are lucky that they'd have a cheery support system here for their first playdowns. I feel that they won't find anyone more happy to see them succeed. With all the positive vibes, the plan is for both the men's and women's teams to make it to Club Nationals.

GO TEAM HOLLYWOOD CURLING!

-Domino

No comments:

Post a Comment