Friday, August 30, 2013

Come Together

This morning's game against Team Wiesen took us a little time to warm up.  We were still trying to get up to speed with hand signals and timing information as well as adjust to the ice. We started to gel together as a team after about the 4th end. By that time, we were down 5, and dug ourselves into a pretty deep hole.  Then, we started to crawl our way back. Granted, there were times where we got a little lucky, but we'll take what we can get.  It's all about the set-up, right? By the last end, we were only down by 1. Here's a screengrab of the results end by end:
Courtesy of http://www.bonspieler.com/

Two highlights of the game (that I remember):

1) A rock that ricocheted off of Jessica's takeout entered into the next sheet over, and would have messed up the current rocks in play.  I dived into the house (hoping they weren't in the middle of a delivery), and tried to prevent the renegade rock from hitting a red rock in the house. Granted the rocks could be put back, but I figure might as well give it the "Bond Girl all." So the house was safe, and I got a lot of nice comments from the observers. Hopefully, it all looked graceful in the kilt. 

2) Marissa also threw a sweet draw to the 4ft for 2 points. It was beautiful.  Granted there was a lot of sweeping to drag it there, but that's why curling is a team effort. Great job, Team! They should have a tank of oxygen at the end of the sheet for situations like these...come to think of it, a masseuse wouldn't be a bad idea as well.

It's really great to be back at the Crush. It always feels like a reunion, and I love seeing the familiar names and faces as well as meeting some new blood. I was talking to Matt Gamboa (@NoHoCurling) who has been to this bonspiel 5 times in a row so far, and even though I don't have the same track record, I agree with him and do feel that traveling to Wine Country is a tradition. I hope for many more Crush Bonspiels to come.

So our next game is actually tonight at midnight. I'm hoping that the baby Bond Girls will sleep nicely and soundly for my in-laws who I want to give a personal shout out to.  Thank you, Mom and Dad, for making it possible for me to curl this weekend.  I don't know what I would do without you guys! I think we had a pretty good warm up game, and I am hoping that we're settle into our routines as a team now and will kick some BG butt. We are playing against Team Kong so we'll see what happens. 

For all those who want to be updated on the schedule and the results. Here are the links: 



Thanks for putting up with my horrible memory and bad jokes!  I'll probably write an update on our midnight game in the morning. For now, this is Domino signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment