Thursday, July 18, 2013

Curling Continues: Arena Curling Championships

We didn't have enough curling in Cape Cod; so I am going to continue the fun doing some extra blogging for our "husband team" (Team Zissou) who are competing in the 1st Arena Curling Championships in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Yesterday, from all sorts of different routes and travel times, we converged together in time for the tournament.  Richard Cruz is the Lead, Matt Gamboa will play 2nd, Ryan Berdan as Vice, and Paul as Skip. Jen, me, and the kids are their biggest fans. I even donned my light blue Zissou shirt.

They had 2 games, 8 AM and 5:30 PM (EDT). The boys did very well adjusting to this new arena ice. They won their first game against South Carolina. Team Zissou, in true Hollywood fashion, liked to keep things a little dramatic, and it ended up being a very close game.  The 2nd game started off really well, but the other team from Long Island kept doing some fancy angle take outs that made it a little hard for Team Zissou to defend against. And so the boys will now have a long route back to the top. 

I am trying my best to juggle the kiddos and live Tweeting @teamzissoucurl The next game is tomorrow at 5:15 PM EDT. I apologize ahead of time...I am not good at tweeting or commentating especially when I get distracted by the kids, but I will try my best. Anyway, will keep you updated!

Good looking men from Hollywood & South Carolina ;)

- Domino

No comments:

Post a Comment